With school back in session, I am not usually able to participate in Happy Homemaker Monday, but since I have the day off, I decided to take part. Besides, it is a brand new month and I want to start it off right!
Breakfast time...on the plate this morning~
Whole grain cheerios and milk with a bowl of fresh blue berries and raspberries on the side. I also had one oatmeal/peanut butter cookie from the goodie plate someone from church brought by yesterday. I washed it all down with orange flavored zip fizz!
On the to-do list for today~
laundry (done)
ironing
helping Charly clean the pool (done)
shopping at Winco Foods and Walmart (done)
starting on Fleece blanket project ~ our church women have been asked to make fleece blankets for women at the local domestic violence shelter (very likely won't get done today)
Currently reading~
The Bible KJV ~ book of Genesis
The Book of Mormon ~ book of Helaman
Little Ways to Keep Calm and Carry On by Mark A. Reinecke, Ph.D.
Whom the Lord Loveth, The Journey of Discipleship by Neal A. Maxwell
500 Little-Known Facts in Mormon History by George A. Givens
On the TV today~
Nothing so far. Hopefully, I will be able to find something interesting to watch while I iron later.
The weather outside~
Still hot, but cooling down a bit as the week goes on.
On the menu this week~
Monday ~ homemade pizza
Tuesday ~ left overs
Wednesday ~ meat loaf
Thursday ~ chicken sandwiches
When I had a few minutes to myself today I~
Wrote this post and visited other blogs
Read
Took a short nap
Spoke to both of my daughters on the phone
Went to half-price day at Savers and found a couple of books, two tops and a pair of pants for school.
From the camera~
This picture is not from my camera. I am borrowing it from my daughter's blog, but is is so sweet, I just had to share. These are my four grandchildren who live in Utah (including new baby sister less than a month old). The oldest three came for a surprise Sunday morning visit yesterday with their dad. They have now gone home to Utah leaving sweet memories behind. I love this picture.
Looking around the house~
I see that the downstairs bathroom (the one my son uses) could use a quick cleaning. I have clothes drying in the back bedroom (my dryer room) that will need to be folded and put away when they are dry. The rest of the house isn't too bad. Of course we always seem to have more stuff on the kitchen island than I like to have there. It seems to be our family "landing pad."
Visiting with blog friends~
I have been reading this blog a lot lately and really like what this guy has to say. This post, which is about the current disgusting spate of Carl's Junior ads, was especially relevant, I thought, so please take just a minute to read it, and get involved if you feel so inclined. Media has, in many cases, become an open sewer line into our homes and it is impacting all of us, especially our children.
Praying for~
my family, especially my son preparing to serve in Mexico
Scripture verse that is resonating with me~
"And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day.
~ Exodus 14:13
Thought for the week~
The thought for the week comes from my good friend Karen's blog, Life is Good. She recently wrote about a challenge which her pastor, Dennis Leatherman, gave the members of the congregation ~ five things to do every day. I thought this was a great challenge and I have now included these five things as part of my day. They are:
1. Read the bible
2. Pray
3. Do an act of kindness
4. Thank God for something specific
5. Witness to someone or share the gospel
Joining again today with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday.



0 Yorumlar