Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thursday Movie Picks: 2020 Releases

a weekly series hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves

I don't know whether it's related to the pandemic or not, but 2020 wasn't a good year for films. Sure, I haven't seen a lot of 2020 releases but most were overwhelmingly mediocre. Of course, there are some I loved, which are those I'm going to talk about today. But more specifically, I'm going to pick three films I had low expectations about but ended up liking. 

The Devil All the Time (2020) - Review

With a terrific cast, the film follows a series of bizarre and compelling characters from the end of WWII to the 1960s. It is a bit tedious but far more engaging than anticipated as the twisted and intriguing story kept me hooked from start to finish. 

Tenet (2020)

Christopher Nolan's latest film follows a protagonist (John David Washington) as he journey through a twilight world of international espionage, and it's a very complex and intriguing film, but not that difficult to understand if you pay attention. The effects are amazing, and so is the cast. I really don't get all the hate this film got. 

The Trial of the Chicago 7 (2020)

Aaron Sorkin's latest follows the trial of the organizers of the 1968 Democratic Convenction protest that started peacefully but eventually turned into a violent clash with the police. It is far from the director's best work but it still is a solid legal drama with great performances. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar