Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

some loose ends

               Needing a break from painting the Bavarians, I decided to tidy up some loose ends.

                                    First off I used the last of my TBM painted buildings to produce a BUA i could use for anything from a well heeled village to a city block. The quality of the buildings would look fine in a town or city and with a few hedgerows etc easily translate into a country side location.




This will fit particularly well with the 10mm imagination stuff. I'm now convinced that 6mm terrain works better with 10mm figures than the "correct" scale stuff.




                      


  I have also been aware for a while that I was  Blucher base short of Austrian grenadiers. Now these are a bit of a pain because the converged units need to have various facing colours on a single base. Normally this wouldn't bother me but with the patches on bearskins the colours leap out at you.

I continue to mount the figures on metal 40x20 bases. I do like the large diorama style bases many gamers are using but I really don't want to lose the flexibility of small bases and sabots. I still have a desire for divisional level games with 6mm figures.

Trying to move towards a diorama look I decided to add a mounted officer to one of the elements. I think it helps.






Most of my existing figures are now incorporated in Blucher bases. Maybe a photo of the whole collection would be fun. Now I have to just knuckle down to producing more of the same .  Oh dear the fluttering grows louder heheheh.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar